By using our Site, you consent to the collection, use, and retention of personal information in accordance with the Policy.
Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect information about your device, including information about your web browser, internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device as well as what websites or search terms referred you to the Site. Furthermore, as you browse the Site, we collect session information about the web pages you view, and information about how you interact with the Site (such as clicks and scroll depth).
We collect personal information using the following technologies:
- Cookies: data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. The ‘Help’ section of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether
- Log files: these track actions taken on the Site and collect data including your IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring and exit pages, and date and time stamps
- Web beacons: tags and pixels are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site
Information you give us:
When you submit a form on the Site, we receive personally identifiable information such as your name, telephone number, email address, and company name.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the form information we collect to communicate with you. For example, to process orders, respond to comments, requests and questions and to provide customer service, send you administrative email notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories, send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our services and for other marketing purposes, and respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests.
We use the device information we collect to help us screen for potential risk or fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve our Site and services (for example, by generating analyses of how our customers navigate and interact with our website, and to evaluate our marketing and advertising campaigns).
In accordance with the preferences you have shared with us, we provide you with information or advertising about our services.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your personal information with third-parties to help us use it in the ways described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to understand how users access and interact with our Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt out of Google Analytics here.
We do not sell any personal information to third-parties.
We may share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to protect our rights in any other way.
We allow third-party companies to collect certain personal information when you use our Site. This personal information is used to serve ads for our services when you visit our websites or other websites. These third-party services use information, such as click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over, device and platform information, cookie and session ID, and IP addresses, during your visits to our Site and other websites to provide advertisements about services believed to be of interest to you. These services typically collect this information using a cookie or a third-party web beacon or clear gif.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (NAI) educational page here.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal here.
Do Not Track
We do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you enter any of your personal information on our website, we will retain your personal information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete that information.
Transfer of Your Personal Information
Your personal information is processed at our operating offices and at any other location where the parties involved in the processing are located. Therefore, personal information may be transferred to and stored on computers located outside your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
Your consent to this Policy followed by your submission of this information represents your agreement to this transfer.
We take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy and no transfer of your personal information will take place to any organization or country unless there are adequate controls in place, including the security of your personal information.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition or sale of assets, your personal information may be transferred, where permitted by applicable law, in connection with the transaction.
Security of Your Personal Information
To protect your personal data, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to ensure that it is not lost, misappropriated, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed inappropriately.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
We may process personal data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given your consent to the processing of personal data for one or more specific purposes
- Performance of a contract: The provision of personal data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or any pre-contractual obligations thereof
- Legal obligations: The processing of personal data is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which Quesys is subject
- Public interest: The processing of personal data is linked to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority conferred on Quesys
- Legitimate interests: The processing of personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Quesys. In all cases, Quesys will be happy to help clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and whether the provision of personal data is a legal or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract
We undertake to respect the confidentiality of your personal information and to guarantee that you can exercise your rights under this Policy, and by law, you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information and that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted.
- Withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access to specific features of the services.
- If you wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without any prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local supervisory authority.
You may notify us by contacting us in the ways described in the ‘Contact Us’ section of this Policy.
If you live in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we note that we are processing your personal information to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, we note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada. By choosing to use the Site, you understand that your information will be transferred in this way and that the privacy protections and the rights of authorities to access your information in some of these recipient countries may not be the same as in your home country.
If you are a resident of California, you may request that we:
- Provide you the categories of personal information we collect or disclose about you, the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third-parties with whom we share personal information. Such information is also set forth in this Policy
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you
- Delete certain information we have about you
- Provide you with information about the financial incentives that we offer to you, if any
You may also designate an agent to exercise your rights under the CCPA. We will take steps to verify the identity of the agent, and that your agent has been authorized to make a request on your behalf. Such steps may include requiring that the agent submit a signed written authorization or a copy of a power of attorney.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 18. If you’re under 18, you may use the Site only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Links to Other Websites
Some content, products and services available through our services may include elements from third-parties.
Third-party links on our website may direct you to third-party web sites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy of such sites, and we do not warrant or assume any responsibility for any content, website, products, services or other items accessible on or from such third-party sites.
We are not responsible for any harm or damage related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions conducted in connection with these third-party websites. Please read the policies and practices of third-parties carefully and make sure you understand them before engaging in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding these third-party products should be submitted to these third-parties.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by:
Phone: +1 (514) 394-1040
Mail: 6855 Avenue de l’Épée #204 Montreal, Quebec H3N 2C7 Canada